Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients Youll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth
Our Applications Programming - Practice Support team helps translate PwCs business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements
Providing support for all business applications across the Middle East region, focusing on availability, support and augmentation of core business applications
- Providing high quality applications support for the Middle East region
- Responsible for availability of Middle East application services, both for Front and back office services
- Support the development, maintenance and support of business application systems in order to achieve efficient and effective delivery of services
- Support application configuration and upgrades, problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, escalating to Lead when required
- Contribute to application projects providing technical and project management input as required
- Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements
- Support development of procedures and documentation for application support
- Perform against agreed team SLAs
- Develop and maintain interfaces, export and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required
- System configuration, scripting and user admin according to application needs
- Contribute towards management reports on application and system performance
- Support creation of end user training documentation
- Ensure compliance with information security policy for inscope applications
- Plan and test disaster recovery plans for inscope applications
- Manage incident queues and lead on problem resolution and escalation
- Contribute towards testing activities for inscope applications
- Participate in stakeholder SLA reviews
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Fluency in English
- Arabic an advantage
- 1-2 years in an Application Support environment
- RDBMS (SQLite, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc)
- Mark-up Languages (HTML, XHTML, XML, etc)
- Reporting Tools (SQL Reporting, Crystal Reports, Data Reports, Jasper Reports, etc)
- Operating System Windows platforms, LINUX, etc)
- Other Technologies & Tools (SharePoint, Data warehousing, SQL Profiler, etc)
- IDE (Integrated Development Environment) (MicrosoftNET Visual Studio, MS SQL Server Management Studio, etc)
- Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the business both locally and regionally
- Excellent leadership, team building and people management skills
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills
- Thorough with an eye for detail
- Passionate about client service
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Deadline:22nd Feb 2025
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value theyre looking for.
Were a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.