* Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of complex secretarial and clerical tasks which requires considerable independent action and judgment
* Performs some or all of the duties listed below, as assigned
* Types from draft or oral instructions or composes correspondence, staff reports, and statistical or numerical reports using word processing applications, checks work for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
* Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner and greet visitors using tact and judgment in making referral to appropriate source of information; gives information and explains policies, procedures or regulations in response to inquiries, using knowledge of organization and its function
* Arranges appointments and attendance at conferences or seminars, and coordinates meetings and travel arrangements
* Operates office equipment such as a word processor, telephone, calculator and copy machines
* Establishes and maintains filing systems for documents, correspondence, reports or other material
* May occasionally translate correspondence coming to department
* May take andor record minutes of meeting as requested; transcribes from notes to produce drafts or final copy
* Order office supplies, handle invoices and delivery reports
* Openroutes mail
* May handle petty cash for the office
* Other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of one foreign language preferably English
* Diploma preferred
* 1 - 3 years relevant experience
* Diploma or BSc degree
Deadline:18th Aug 2020
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAEs flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEUs academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.